When I bake at home, I choose to differ from what is available in the marketplace. One of the key ingredients that I don’t use in my baking/cooking is refined sugar. So I like to create recipes with other much healthier options like 100% Maple Syrup to sweeten my home baked food, especially dessert.
Maple syrup helps protect against cancer, protect skin health and supplies important vitamins and minerals. The Peach Gum dessert is an Asian style dessert with a hint of Maple Apple fragrance. The Apricot Upside Down Coconut Crossover is my creation when I set out to bake a healthier, nutritious and yummy upside down apricot cake. These 2 desserts are very low calories, Gluten free, Diary free and Keto. A cup of fragrant healthier tea matches well with these desserts.
Life is beautiful when we are given the opportunity to make a brave choice. A choice to surrender the things that have been great, in exchange for greater.
MAPLE PEACH GUM DESSERT
1/4 cup dried peach gum (soaked overnight/ 4 hours and cleaned)
2 Green Apples (peeled and cut)
1/2 cup dried lotus seeds (soaked and removed the heart)
Runamok Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup
1. Clean the peach gum by removing the black particles in it after soaking. Rinsing it with water few times.
2. Put all the cleaned ingredients except the maple syrup in a pot. Turn the fire to low or medium after it starts boiling. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. 3. Is ready to serve if you like it hot. Serve with 1 Tbsp of Runamok Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup
4. You can serve it cool too. Simply put the dessert in the refrigerator for few hours after it is cool down. Also serve with the Runamok Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup.
Note: The Maple Syrup will enhance all the ingredients without overpowering their mild flavor. This is a very healthy nutritious and refreshing dessert.
APRICOT UPSIDE DOWN COCONUT CROSSOVER
3 Eggs (medium)
1/2 Cup Biona Organic Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Runamok Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup
43gm Biona Organic Coconut Flour
11/2 tsp Baking Powder/Gluten free Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
4 pieces of Biona Organic Apricot Halves In Rice Syrup
Maple Syrup for Drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 325F/165C.
2. Lightly coat 4 Ramekins with oil. Put one-piece Biona Organic Apricot Halves In Rice Syrup in the middle of each Ramekins.
3. In a big bowl, beat in the wet ingredients. Follow by the dried ingredients.
4. Pour the mixture over the apricot in the Ramekins slowly until almost to the brim.
5. Bake it in preheat oven for 25-30 minutes. Pull out of oven and let it rest for 5 minutes and run a small knife around the edge. Flip it to a serving plate. It should come out easily. Drizzle with Runamok Bourbon Barrel-Aged Organic Maple Syrup over it.
Note: This is a Gluten free, Keto and very low calories dessert without refined cane sugar. Is very important to follow the recipes as precisely as possible.
©️ 2021 Moon Chai