The month of August is coming to an end soon. Hope all had a good celebration with a thankful heart. A nation that we can call home. A beautiful country with so much to be grateful for, especially the variety of food available. I am thankful for our country filled with all kinds of food from all over the world.
Happy 56th Birthday Singapore!
1.5 cup (250gm) Doves Farm Plain White flour
1 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp Raw Health Organics Pure Blossom Soft Set Honey
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup warm milk (temp approx 50C-60C)
1/4 cup warm water (temp approx 50C-60C)
1 Tbsp Ghee Easy Organic Ghee
Ghee for coating the dough balls prior to shaping
Melted ghee as needed for frying and shaping the dough
1 pack of Maya Kaimal Organic Everyday Dal (Red Lentils, Butternut Squash & Coconut)
1. Mix the Doves Farm Plain White flour and boiling water together until combined. Add the Raw Health Organics Pure Blossom Soft Set Honey, salt, warm milk and warm water and knead with a dough hook on medium for 10 minutes until dough is shiny and elastic. Shape into a ball, oil the surface and place into a bowl. Cover with cling wrap or damp towel and let sit for 1hr minimum.
2. Divide into 4 equal balls and shape into balls. Oil the surface and cover to let it rest for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. When ready to shape, flip the dough to where you essentially slam it against the table to stretch the dough. When the dough is really thin and the edges are thin too, spread some Ghee Easy Organic Ghee on the surface of the dough. Fold in thirds along the width so that you have a long strip, and then picking up one end, coil it into a round tucking the tip under the dough. Let it rest for 30mins.
4. Preheat a pan/skillet on medium heat. When ready to fry, flatten the dough with the palm of your hands into a relatively thin disk.
5. Add some Ghee Easy Organic Ghee to your preheated pan and fry the dough on medium until golden on both sides.
6. Serve warm with Maya Kaimal Organic Everyday Dal (Red Lentils, Butternut Squash & Coconut).
Note: Good quality of the Ghee will make fragrant prata. One can control the amount of fat in your prata.
©️ 2021 Moon Chai